Wednesday, April 05, 2006

First time knitting Beanie!!!!

It was storming and raining for two days!!! Storming in april? What a weird wether!!! It have to be almost 90 degree by now in CA!! Anyway, I finally got my yarn this tuesday from "Kpixie"!!!! Look it this:

This is "Peace Fleece Worsted" yarn color in zarya fog(left) and Siberian Midnight. It was70% wool30% mohair worsted yarn. I love this yarn because its was 200yrd for $7.50!!!
Last month, I get a knitting book call "Heats Gloves Scarves" by Louisa Harding...I was trying to find some beanie pattern fora while. But in this book I finally find the beanie pattern!
This beanie requied Merino yarn but i used worst yarn instead of merino type yarn. The beanie looks like this:

This is firist time knitting Beanie so..I Dont know what is gonna come out!!! Its gonna be backet or ball Dont know~~~ I start little bit today...

I almost finsh my baby blanket afghan for my cousin!! I will update this weekend!!

7 comments:

Jason said...

Ooo! How do you like Peace Fleece? I have wanted to order them for so long. I love that they reach out to make a difference in the world. Is the yarn soft? Is it fuzzy?

Have fun with the hat!

Jon said...

Worsted is a weight of yarn and merino is a type of sheep that gives soft wool. In order for your hat to fit properly, you need to make sure that the gayge of the yarn you are using matches the gayge in the pattern. Or if it doesn't, you then need to recalculate the number of stitches to cast on, etc.

Jon said...

Worsted is a weight of yarn and merino is a type of sheep that gives soft wool. In order for your hat to fit properly, you need to make sure that the gayge of the yarn you are using matches the gayge in the pattern. Or if it doesn't, you then need to recalculate the number of stitches to cast on, etc.

Charles said...

Jason!!! Peace Fleece yarn has 30% of mohair so...it has a little fuzzy looks..but just little hair showing up when i knit.... This yarn is not soft as Knitpick "wool of andes". And little rough too!!!Like a hemp yarn
I think this yarn is great for the knitting beg or hat because it's rough like a carpet!!!

Charles said...

Joe~~ I recalculat my size to fit my head...because worsted yarn is much thicker yarn then merino yarn....So i made a less stitches and use smell needle to knit out!!!

Thanks JOE!!!

Kenny said...

Yummy, I''ve always wanted to try Peace Fleece. I see it all over the internet. I'll need to find a pattern that I can make so I can buy it.

Tallguy said...

Oh, Charles, those beanies are very easy to do, you'll love doing them!! I don't know why the yarn should feel harsh... the wool and mohair combination should be quite soft. I haven't used Peace Fleece, but other yarns with that blend are quite nice. It might change a lot once it's washed. You ALWAYS wash your knitted goods after you finish them, right? Makes a big difference.

Waiting for the final pics!!