Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving Weeken Update and Shopping

Hey guys! I guessing everybody are injoying the Thanksgiving weeken right now...Some people are worry about there body gain the weight because of pound of Tunkwny and food you been eatten for hoilday since Thursday and worry about the card bill..spenting too much shopping at black friday! I know..I did!

Every year same thing, I looking at the news, don't understand people waitting on mid-night, line up frount the store and waitting for store open. I heard "Best Buy" had a flat sceen 35" TV for $150. My friend told me that this TV was gone after 10min. Don't you belive that? WOW! Price is cheap is fine..It is really good to buy with sell price but one thing dont like is I buy too much stuff...every time when I look at my credit card bill...Yek! I have to limit my expense otherwise I will be broke..So this year I didn't go to the mall and other store, I just went to my LYS had 70% sale and did some order online!

So What I got for Thanksgiving shopping?


I got mine order today.....Did you guess what in that package?



Plastic Sock Blocker from "Loope Ewe"
I was looking at the other blogger..hopeing to get socks blocker for long time finally order mine! I can not belive I got it really cheap! It was $19! You can not find really cheap price blocker anywhere.


And socks Iam working on. One side is done and working on another side! Looking this is pic.. I think pic is so much better looking and socks is professional looks. You can see the large pic (Click the Pic)
By the way, does are "basketweave socks" pattern from the book "More Senational Knitted Socks" by Charlene Schurch


Also I got some new socks needles "Sock Set" from Susan Bates. This DPN needle is so hard to find any where because sets has a 000, 00, 0, 1...Did youguys see 000 size? I know Great deal! One of ebay seller seling this so..I broght it right alway! But I just check on Joann online site ..they are selling this for $9.99. Go buy it!


Kathy from "Grumperina"...She is great knitter and blogger...She is really loved this Suan Bates "Sock Set" needle. You can see the pic on her blog...working on her lace socks!

Some of DNP for sock knitting...HERE is some of my REVIEW for DPN:


Left to Right:

  1. Clover #1/ 7 in - Made with bamboo and it is not slipply DPN..It will be too slow to knit the stitch
  2. Inox #1/ 6 in - Made with metal and cheaper price. Short 6 in length, best DPN for sock.
  3. Knitpicks #1 / 6 in - I think it is too heavy for knittng a socks And keep dropping the needles. And Sharp.
  4. Bryspun #1 / 3 in - Short 3 in length..people dont like the length of long 6 in DPN..this is right chose! Great for beginner for socks knitting.
  5. Susan Bates #1 / 7" - Really light weight...Great for lace sock


And also i got from the my 70% sale at LYS two skeins of

REGIA "Kaffe Fassett" color #4251


Music of the weeks:


Little bit of Jazz mood in this week..

Song : "It Just Begun"

Artist : The Harlem Expriment

Album : Third in Ropeadope's "Experiment" series

Style : jazz, funk, and hip hop




See youguys monday...KNIT HARD~~~

7 comments:

Knit Picking said...

I am SO jealous of your sock blockers! I love how cute the top part is, and what a great deal. I also bought the Kaffe Fassett yarn, and can't wait to start knitting.

dickie said...

Awesome sock blockers! =)
I like the DPN review. Thanks for doing it.

Steven said...

Love the Kaffe Fassett yarn -- great colors. I'm knitting some socks right now with the Knit Picks needles. I like the weight and lenght, but I have to agree they are very sharp -- I've poked through my skin more than a few times! Thanks for the comparisons.

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous of your sock blockers too. Look at me, I have to use wire hangers!

But I haven't been blogging because I've been very sick with food poisoning and I'm rushing madly to finish a sweater for Lorna's Laces. So, I don't have time to blog. But thanks for asking though.

BEESTLYproducts said...

those sock blockers are a-door-bell!!!!

Emma said...

Congratulations on the lovely red sock blockers. They're awesome!

Anonymous said...

Nice sock blockers!