Friday, August 03, 2007

Cookie for Socks Knitter!



Finally, weeken is here! Just another HOT great summer day over 100 degrees in CA...watching a classic black and white martial art film by Bruse Lee! Since he is been passed ways for long time ago, still in our heart, it's remained for great male acter also great fighter in history of the movie. I remember when i was a little, use to watch his movie alot.. everyday after school and ontile mid-night, i was really addicted to his great moves! (Also great body!...yes!...)

Anyway, inspired by Bruce Lee's move, I did bake some of Asian theme cookies for memorial of Bruce.


One the left side is pennut-butter cookie and on right side is Green Tea Cookie! I what to try green tea cookie recipe for a long time..I finally baked today! This green tea cookie recipe is from my friend's mom, came down to her grandmother..I guess it is there family secret recipe..first time I share with youguys! It is great cookie, drink with tea or coffee! So mild and soft butterly cookie! YUM!

Here is you need:

2 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
1 teaspoon Matcha green tea powder (you can buy this at Asian Market or order online)
1 teaspoon Baking powder
1 pinch Salt
1 cup Butter, at room temperature
1 1/4 cups Granulated Suger
2 large Egg yolks
1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla extract

1. In a medium bowl, combine flour, Matcha powder, baking powder, and salt, set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar, beat in the egg yolks.
3.Beat in the vanilla extract.
4.Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
5. Cover and chill for one hour.
6. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets, or line with parchment paper.
7.On a floured surface, roll out the dough to a thickness of 1/4 inch.
8.Using a 2-inch cookie cutter, cut out cookies and place 1 inch apart onto the prepared baking sheets.
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly colored. Transfer to wire racks to cool.

Watching a Bruse Lee movie and eatting a homemade cookie...I manage to finsh knitting a socks, sample for my hand-dyeing yarn!

Pattern: "Bubble Wrap Socks"

By: Sockbug at http://sockbug.blog-city.com/

Yarn Use: Hand-dyed my own "Peruvian Wool" 440yd

Needle: Knitpicks DPN size #1







I think Socks same out great! What youguys think? Also this is sample of my hand-dyed yarn I will be listed my shop next week if youguys what to buy!

Song of the Week:

Your Listening:

Song: "A Movin' Movin' Train"

Artist: Aaron Schroeder

Album: "Southern Heart In Western Skin"

From: Washington base singer

Catalog: Pop, Alternative Folk



NEW Video Cast is coming up NEXT WEEK! Next epsiode I will be talking about "All about Sock Knitting" So Stay RETURN!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

charles, you bake, you knit, you teach, you dye, you blog, you pod cast.... is there anything you don't do????

Elemmaciltur said...

Heh, I really like the colours of that socks. The pattern gets swallowed up by it though. I bet the Jaywalker would be great in it!

Anonymous said...

yummy socks and yummy cookies. i love the yarn color!

BEESTLYproducts said...

green tea cookies? i can't wait to make them!

bubble wrap socks have been in my queue for awhile, yours look gr8.